• June 20, 2018, 01:41:07 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Discuss Ongoing Projects (Work in Progress) / Re: Help with a logo
« Last post by brynn on June 14, 2018, 06:54:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

It looks like something went wrong with your file attachment.  Can you try it again?  What kind of file is it?  Not every possible type of file is allowed, but most image formats are allowed.

It's hard to explain what you need to do, to vectorize the image, without knowing exactly what's in the file.  If it's a raster format (JPG, GIF, PNG, etc.) you'll probably have 2 choices - either auto-trace (Path menu > Trace Bitmap) or trace the outline "manually" using Inkscape's path tools, usually the Pen/Bezier tool.  It depends mostly on the complexity of the image, whether you auto trace or hand trace.  But also personal preference would be part of the decision.

Well, I might be able to say more, when I can see the file and examine its contents.  But that's the general idea.

Oh, and also, don't miss the Help menu.  If you need to learn how to use Inkscape, Help menu Shapes, Basic and Advanced.  Don't worry, the one called "advanced" isn't really advanced.  In fact, it's an introduction to the kind of tools you'll need, if you need to manually trace something.
Discuss Ongoing Projects (Work in Progress) / Help with a logo
« Last post by gsgravering on June 13, 2018, 07:59:06 AM »
Hello. Im quite new at this inkscape, and i have bought my self a gravograph mechanical engraving machine, but can someone teach me how to vectorize to engrave, not only the outline, but make path's so things will be filled also.

Can someone help me?

Sorry about the language, im norwegian, so probably som spellingmistakes here..:)

Ive attached the latest project, this is a compony logo in norway that im engraving, but i dont just want the outline.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
As you have already discovered, it can be tricky to extract a seamless tile after the fact, you would just have to use trial and error in this case. In the future much easier to use the seamless tile extension and template because you always have the rectangle in place for exporting the png file.
Help Using Inkscape / Re: splitting lines in a DXF
« Last post by donrecardo on June 06, 2018, 03:49:36 AM »
Thanks for the welcome

Im sure I will have lots more questions soon.

Don
« Last post by brynn on June 05, 2018, 03:42:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

Oh, no worries.  One thing you could have tried, without saving as SVG, would be Ungrouping.  Object menu > Ungroup (or there's a button on the command bar, or there's a key shortcut).

There are other things too, but we would need to look at the file, to know for sure.  Just let us know if you need to more clues.  Or feel free to share the file, as well..
Ok, well I was going to make the rectangular pattern into a square pattern, and then use Tiled Clones to show you the difference in the results.  The problem is that I have no idea what settings you used in Tiled Clones.

But I've made the rectangular pattern into a square.  So you can use it, with whatever settings you used in Tiled Clones, to see the difference for yourself.
Ok, we'll forget about "seamless".

If I understand what you're asking, then you already have what you need.  It seems like you're asking us to identify the pattern unit.  But you already showed it to us.

Have you tried that already, and it's not producing the pattern that you want?

Actually, there would be no way to change that pattern unit (which is rectangular) into a square, without changing the overall effect.  That design you've created using that rectangular pattern unit, can only be achieved with exactly that same rectangular pattern unit.  Change the unit into a square shape and you'll change the results.

Or maybe the problem is that the fabric website does not offer the same kind of pattern repetition that Inkscape offers?

Here, let me show you an example.  I'll be right back....
« Last post by donrecardo on June 04, 2018, 05:21:21 AM »
Its OK ,
I just found out for myself  and it was so simple I feel daft for asking
I loaded in the DXF
I saved the DXF as an SVG and when I loaded it back it was all seperate lines just as I wanted

Don
Help Using Inkscape / splitting lines in a DXF
« Last post by donrecardo on June 04, 2018, 04:44:15 AM »
Hi
Just joined your forum for inkscape
I want to load in a DXF file and make some lines red for cutting and some Blue for engraving
but when I try to select anything it selects everything at once ,
How do I make each line seperate from the others so I can select just the ones I want

Cheers
Don
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10