• December 11, 2017, 06:15:52 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Importing SVG Into Silhouette Business Ed 4.1 Modified in Inkscape .91  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Grandnan

• Sr. Newbie
I own  a Silhouette Cameo 2 and use Business Edition 4.1 software. I'm excited to combine some of the tracing features of Inkscape but ran into a snag. I followed YouTube "Inkscape Tutorial - How to remove a traced object from it's background" (EJ Media) using Bezier and Node tools to remove background from a picture and saved as a Inkscape SVG and then as a plain SVG with the same result; the outline was off (see ex). What am I missing?
IMAGE TRACED IN INKSCAPE *Mothers Day 2016-NB.svg
(80.06 kB - downloaded 25 times)

IMAGE APPEARING IN Silhouette Bus Ed*Mothers Day 2016-NBsil.svg
(79.14 kB - downloaded 18 times)

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
Re: Importing SVG Into Silhouette Business Ed 4.1 Modified in Inkscape .91
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 07:14:10 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

I don't see what outline is off.  Both images look the same to me.  Can you point to the particular places where you see they aren't the same?
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit

Offline cleversomeday

• Original Member
    • Clever Someday
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 11:27:59 AM »
Silhouette Studio (and most other cutting programs) don't support clipping, so I'm surprised this worked as well as it did.
Here's how to fix it in Silh Studio. Go to the Pattern Fill panel and select advanced. Click on Pan Pattern, then drag the handle to move the photo such tht it matches the outline again.
To avoid this in the future, export from Inkscape as PNG and then import to Silh Studio and Trace Outer Edge.
-Kay
visit my blog http://cleversomeday.com

Offline Grandnan

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 05:20:21 AM »
Ive attached a screenshot of both Inkscape and Silhouette Bus Edition where the outline is distorted fir your review.

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 04:32:34 PM »
I would try Kay's suggestion.  If it doesn't fix the problem (or fix it entirely), I was thinking maybe the changes in Inkscape version 0.92 might be affecting it.

In 0.92, Inkscape's native DPI changed, from 90 to 96.  Also, instead of the default units being px, now Inkscape uses mm.  You can still change to whatever units you want, but the new Scale setting makes it tricky.  Most of it is over my head, but in case you want to investigate, you can read this FAQ:  https://inkscape.org/en/learn/faq/#inkscape-092-my-drawings-are-just-quarter-their-original-size-when-i-open-them-program-xyz
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit

Offline Grandnan

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 07:37:50 PM »
Thank you so much. This forum has been a life saver!