• October 23, 2017, 08:00:58 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: rhinestones template design using interpolate sub paths question/help  (Read 1212 times)

Offline KSfarmwife

• Mac OS X 10.11.6 Mac OS X 10.11.6
  • Browser:
  • Safari 10.1.2 Safari 10.1.2
Hi, I'm hoping someone still pays attention to this site.  I'm really trying to stick with Inkscape and not purchase software just for rhinestones...
 I have followed Aussie Carolyn's three videos excessively step by step to creat a rhinestone template using interpolate subpaths.  The videos are from 2010.  Has inkscape changed so much that the steps are no longer relevant.  Because overtime I try to do the Paste path the rhinestone circles never paste to the circle I copied to clipboard.

Steps

Draw a circle (stroke only).  Object to Path. Copy to clipboard
Draw a filled circle to 3.5mm.  Object to Path.  Duplicate.  Select both and choose Combine.  Select path effects and add interpolate sub-paths.  Paste path.  When i get to this step nothing happens unlike the videos I follow along as i'm doing this.

If anyone knows if Inkscape still works this way for rhinestone templates, please let me know.  I"m so frustrated.  I literally have wasted hours and I just wanted to outline a circle to put around a monogram for my daughters.

Thanks for any advice anyone has.
Danyelle

Offline brynn

• Administrator
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 55.0 Firefox 55.0
    • Inkscape Community
Re: rhinestones template design using interpolate sub paths question/help
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 09:08:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, we're still paying attention  :)  Yes, from 2010, some things could have changed, so that older tutorials don't work anymore.  Or it could also be that you're using options which were not even available back then, without realizing it, which make it not work.  Can you give us a link to the tutorial that you're trying to follow? 

I can't test using the steps you gave, because they aren't specific enough.  (Is the first circle larger or smaller than the 2nd?  Is the 2nd inside the first? Above, to the side, etc.  Etc.)  So if you could just show us the tutorial, we could test.

(Were LPEs available in 2010?  The older I get, the faster time seems to fly!)