• August 18, 2017, 07:45:58 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Help Using Inkscape / Re: Newbie struggling
« Last post by brynn on August 15, 2017, 02:14:04 PM »
Hhm, could you explain what you mean about them being different types of images?  Does the machine show you a preview?  If so, can the machine make a screenshot of its display, so that you can show it to us?  Somehow or other, we need to understand the problem, before we can answer.

Also, please provide the SVG file.

Is the image you showed (finalblack.png) an exported PNG from Inkscape?  Is that showing before or after using Trace Bitmap?  If after, you probably still have a lot of work to do, before it's ready for the machine.  I can't tell for sure what needs to be done, from looking at the PNG.  I need to see the SVG file, to be sure.

But if that's the trace result, obviously you'll want to delete the rectangles around the little people, right?  Or do you want to etch the rectangles into the slate?  They look too tall and skinny, actually.  I wonder if something happened to take them out of proportion.  Or is that how they are supposed to be?  You'd probably want to make equal spaces between them, I guess.  Can you really etch that much detail into slate?  It seems like those tiny details would be easy chip out.

The numbers appear to be made of straight segments.  Is that on purpose?  Also, I guess they need to be centered?

Actually I wrote a tutorial for this.  It's written more for people who have made their own hand sketch, which they scan into their computer.  But it works for nice clean line images like you showed too.  It doesn't cover everything which it appears you need to do.  But it will get you started, and we can still answer questions, if you can't figure something out.

https://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=46
« Last post by pinkpanther1 on August 15, 2017, 11:28:11 AM »
i want to engrave this on slate but it doesn't transfer over correctly
its like they are all different types of images or something
« Last post by brynn on August 13, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »
my bed is 500 x 300 so i can fit 15on at once it i can do it ?

Yes, that sounds possible.  Did you see the link I gave for a tutorial for making a template?

I don't understand your question  about your last message.  (I realize it went immediately into moderation, and that you might not realize, if it's not what you meant to post.) (Btw, you're finished with moderation, and from now, all your messages will post immediately.)

So what simple thing is it, that you can't do?
« Last post by pinkpanther1 on August 13, 2017, 01:46:00 PM »
this is the simple thing i can't do :(
« Last post by pinkpanther1 on August 13, 2017, 01:43:58 PM »
yes door number signs and coasters etc
I want a template so it is multiple up especially for the coasters 100mm x 100 mm
my bed is 500 x 300 so i can fit 15on at once it i can do it ?
Help Using Inkscape / Re: copied MSWord text wont convert to path
« Last post by HeatherM on August 12, 2017, 09:47:05 AM »
You can also enter the unicode characters directly in Inkscape.  Scroll down on this page for how to do it.  https://inkscape.org/en/doc/tutorials/tips/tutorial-tips.en.html
« Last post by brynn on August 12, 2017, 09:24:50 AM »
You could definitely paste directly into Inkscape.

-- Copy it from Character Map. 
 -- Open Inkscape
 -- Enable the Text tool and click once on the canvas
 -- Either click the Paste button or Ctrl V
 -- Path menu > Union (changes it to a path without grouping it)
 -- Ta-Daaah!

There's another....well now there are a few ways to get character or symbols or glyphs into Inkscape.  But the steps above are probably the easiest.
« Last post by realhane on August 12, 2017, 06:41:08 AM »
Thank you for responding so quickly to my query! 
I couldn't figure out a way to type the characters directly into Inkscape, as they are Unicode characters and that was taking me down another rabbit hole
Ended up selecting characters from the character map, pasting into a new Word doc, then copying back to my blank page.
No invisible objects this time
Thank you again!
Showcase your Projects / Re: All purpose greeting card...tulips
« Last post by NeilFor on August 11, 2017, 02:12:11 AM »
That's a nice one Sue.
« Last post by brynn on August 07, 2017, 09:50:08 PM »
There are 2 or 3 extra, but empty text objects.  (I'm not sure how it might have happened in your file, but it does happen sometimes.)  You can either select them one at a time (by using the Tab key) and delete them.  Or what Heather suggested would work.  Or just ignore them.

I'm not sure what you mean about it won't convert.  If it has nodes, it's a path!

The reason you might be having trouble is because when you convert text to path using Object to Path,  it puts the result in a group.  And if you're sending the group to the cutter, that probably won't work.  If you Ungroup it, it will be a normal path.  (Or as Heather mentioned, if you you select the text and do Path menu > Union (instead of Object to Path), it converts it to a path without putting it in a group.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10