• June 24, 2019, 06:29:07 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Since there haven't been any new messages for so long, and no one has ever replied to this message of mine I'm considering closing this forum entirely, in approx 6 months. If anyone has any comments about that, please feel free to post them.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Different ways to fill a rhinestone design  (Read 4206 times)

Offline laceygunsmoke

• Original Member
Different ways to fill a rhinestone design
« on: February 08, 2013, 11:57:30 AM »
hi again,
My next questions.

I found this tutorial, however this is not inkscape that they used, however the things the teach are very desirable to me to accomplish!
http://youtu.be/f66mBtqi4a0
(hopefully that works)

Well in the video, they show you all the different ways to fill and object, and the 3rd option is very uniform, and i would really like to be able to accomplish that technique.

Does anyone know how to accomplish that on inkscape?
Thanks for all the imput!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline newbiecat

• Original Member
Re: Different ways to fill a rhinestone design
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 03:35:22 AM »
Morning
Been babysitting and not looking at the forum - here is a link to Carolyn's tutorial on rhinestones using inkscape - think it is terrific however if you should get stuck holler and I will see if I can help

Worth noting all the videos on Carolyns channel are worth watching as you go along

Pandora
Win 7, Inkscape .47, 18" Silver Bullet,(love the speed)
Craft Artist Professional, Photoshop CS2, SCAL 3. ?? latest, still have my cricut - need to find a new home for it

Offline laceygunsmoke

• Original Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 02:43:04 PM »
Yes! This is the one i use for simple fill designs, and im so happy its out there!

Just though that there would be a couple different options for fills...

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 04:09:40 PM »
Hi laceygunsmoke, there are different ways you can create a fill. Do you know how to use path inset and outset? You can use both with your basic shape to create new paths and then add rhinestones to each new path. You then have a fill that follows the contours of the original shape. I will try and get a quick pictorial written up this weekend.

Offline Inkspots

• Original Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 08:16:08 AM »
Laceygunsmoke,
I've been following this thread in hopes of learning more about this.
I wanted to make a shaped fill sequin template, but never quite got it the way I wanted it.

Carolynn,
I'm looking forward to seeing your pictorial.
I've had some trouble with the sequin shapes (circles) getting distorted
on tight curves when I use pattern along path to fill smaller areas of the shape.
Linux Mint 13,Cinnamon, I don\'t own a cutter, Inkscape 0.48.4r,The gimp, FontForge, blender 3d, LibreOffice

Offline Dragon Slayer

• Original Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 07:56:18 AM »
Quote from: "Aussie Carolyn"
Hi laceygunsmoke, there are different ways you can create a fill. Do you know how to use path inset and outset? You can use both with your basic shape to create new paths and then add rhinestones to each new path. You then have a fill that follows the contours of the original shape. I will try and get a quick pictorial written up this weekend.

Hi Carolyn...I would love to know how to have a rhinestone design follow the contoured paths of a design instead of having the holes go straight across and up and down. I've been doing all the inkscape tutorials trying to figure this out but have not had sucess yet. All help is appreciated.  :)

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 05:25:44 AM »
Hi Dragon Slayer, so sorry for the slow reply. I have been missing for months.

I hope you found your answer while you were waiting. If not, have a look at this post and see if it is what you are trying to achieve [dead link removed] If you need any further help, please do ask as I am back to visiting the forum daily.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 04:51:12 PM by brynn, Reason: dead link removed »

Offline Layla_04

• Original Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 03:28:24 AM »
Nice post