• June 24, 2019, 06:15:43 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Since there haven't been any new messages for so long, and no one has ever replied to this message of mine I'm considering closing this forum entirely, in approx 6 months. If anyone has any comments about that, please feel free to post them.

-- brynn

Author Topic: How do i Create circular monogram  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Jennrsnyder

• Original Member
How do i Create circular monogram
« on: July 23, 2013, 05:47:04 AM »
I'm trying to make a circular monogram in Inkscape but just not sure how to. See my image of what I'm referring to any suggestions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline cleversomeday

• Original Member
    • Clever Someday
Re: How do i Create circular monogram
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 02:41:19 PM »
I've tried this in Inkscape, AI and several other programs and there's really no way to do it except by extensive point editing. My advice is to buy the font. Well worth the money versus the effort it would take to make something that looked this good.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
-Kay
visit my blog http://cleversomeday.com

Offline Technomum

• Original Member
Re: How do i Create circular monogram
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 05:14:43 AM »
I think by far the easiest way with this type of problem is to trace the photo.  Attached is a file with two options.  I used Inkscape Path>Bitmap Trace using the default options that appear on the drop down window.  If you are thinking of creating something other than your photo, ie with different letters, Cleversomeday's suggestion is the only way, as far as I am aware.   It is perfectly possible to draw each of your letters but this will take time and a degree of expertise, both of which you may have.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 05:01:06 PM by brynn, Reason: fixed attachment »
Cardmaking, Scrapbooking,
Inkscape, KNK, Funtime, RM