• September 18, 2019, 12:39:46 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project opened its first official forum on its website this month (August 2019). https://inkscape.org/forums/ In an effort to combine all the different forums into one, this forum will no longer be accepting new members or new messages. However, it will remain open for a little while, for existing members, to have access to their contents, if they need them.

Any potential new members should register on the new forum, and post their message there. There is a special board for questions about using Inkscape for cutting machines (of all kinds). (https://inkscape.org/forums/cutplot/)

If you have any questions or comments (and you're an existing member) you can post them here.

Although I've been planning to put this forum in read-only mode, at the time of this transition, unfortunately, my personal circumstances have changed, and I won't be able to host this forum much longer. I'm not sure about the time frame. It could be as soon as the end of 2019, or as long as a year from now. If anyone is interested in taking it over, please contact me.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Setting Score Lines  (Read 3330 times)

Offline svgdesignsbysonia

• Original Member
Setting Score Lines
« on: March 24, 2014, 05:25:37 PM »
I have started creating files and I don't think I am doing the score lines correctly.  I am hoping for some guidance.  Once I have the "dashed" line in place, I have been highlighting the line, selecting "Stroke to Path", then selecting the entire cut file and choosing "Exclusion" or "Difference", either one. This way seems to take a very long time to cut out.  I tried just "Grouping" the score lines with the shape but it isn't read as a score line in SCAL2.  What is the correct way?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline newbiecat

• Original Member
Re: Setting Score Lines
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 06:25:27 AM »
Hi there
Try drawing a dashed line then go to EXTENSIONS / MODIFY PATH / CONVERT TO DASHES - that should help hopefully

regards
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Win 7, Inkscape .47, 18" Silver Bullet,(love the speed)
Craft Artist Professional, Photoshop CS2, SCAL 3. ?? latest, still have my cricut - need to find a new home for it