• June 24, 2019, 06:25:01 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Since there haven't been any new messages for so long, and no one has ever replied to this message of mine I'm considering closing this forum entirely, in approx 6 months. If anyone has any comments about that, please feel free to post them.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Importing files from corel are scaled down  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Joe Walmer

• Original Member
Importing files from corel are scaled down
« on: May 11, 2015, 08:22:45 AM »
Hello I am using inkscape to generate Gcode for a laser cutter I am building. I have two commercial cutters in the family and we use Corel Draw. When I import a 400mm square and work area for example it opens in inkscape at 320mm so it seems there is an exact or almost exact 20% downscale.

The way my brain works for fast solutions is I would design a square around the entire work area then resize the whole design back to 400mm in inkscape.

I am sure there are tons of people that use Corel and use the more extensive plugins for inkscape to create Gcode that have had this problem and can help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Epilog Mini 18 30 watt
GCC Mercury 30 watt (AKA Pinnacle or Laserpro) (J48-2 laser tube is down)
Smoothiebard based laser cutter (build in progress)
Corel Draw X5