• May 21, 2019, 09:38:57 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Since there haven't been any new messages for so long, and no one has ever replied to this message of mine I'm considering closing this forum entirely, in approx 6 months. If anyone has any comments about that, please feel free to post them.

-- brynn

Author Topic: How would you like to see ICD grow, improve?  (Read 2163 times)

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
How would you like to see ICD grow, improve?
« on: August 26, 2015, 01:23:42 AM »
Hi Friends,
I still haven't quite gotten the forum ready for a formal "re-opening" announcement.  But I am starting to think past that time now.  And I'm wondering how everyone would like to see the forum grow and/or improve.

Do you have any ideas?
Are there any particular new features you'd like to see?
What do you think can be done to improve the site?

Reply below and let me know  :)

All best,
brynn
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
Re: How would you like to see ICD grow, improve?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 01:56:00 AM »
Here are some things I've thought of. 

-- a gallery
 -- focus more on providing free cutting files - maybe use a gallery, or have them on a separate page, so they can easily be more easily be browsed and downloaded

While the use of Inkscape in the home/craft type of machines seems to have either leveled off or is declining; the use of Inkscape for more industrial uses, such as CNC or laser cutters seems to continue to grow.  Should a board be added for those?  Is this an area where the forum could grow?  Why or why not?

I'm thinking seriously about putting all the boards in the Inkscape with ??? category into read only mode.  What do you think about that?

What do you think about the shoutbox (Chat area) at the top of the forum.  If it's not going to be used much, maybe I'll move it to the bottom of the page.  Or even remove altogether?

1 thing I'm definitely planning is a section at the top of the forum, with links to all the major sites for all the popular hardware/software sites (maybe replace the Chat) (or maybe on the side).

(I've already discussed some of these with PapaSue, but want to hear from more members about the future of the forum.)  :D
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit