• September 17, 2019, 07:43:01 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project opened its first official forum on its website this month (August 2019). https://inkscape.org/forums/ In an effort to combine all the different forums into one, this forum will no longer be accepting new members or new messages. However, it will remain open for a little while, for existing members, to have access to their contents, if they need them.

Any potential new members should register on the new forum, and post their message there. There is a special board for questions about using Inkscape for cutting machines (of all kinds). (https://inkscape.org/forums/cutplot/)

If you have any questions or comments (and you're an existing member) you can post them here.

Although I've been planning to put this forum in read-only mode, at the time of this transition, unfortunately, my personal circumstances have changed, and I won't be able to host this forum much longer. I'm not sure about the time frame. It could be as soon as the end of 2019, or as long as a year from now. If anyone is interested in taking it over, please contact me.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Having problems when converting svg files to plt  (Read 602 times)

Offline Cristian

Having problems when converting svg files to plt
« on: January 16, 2019, 09:49:58 AM »
Hello, there. I'm new here.
I have installed the uniconvertor and things were working fine with simple projects.
For no reason, more complex files and sometimes even simple ones get messed up when saving into plt, lines get streched and the original drawing gets ruined.
Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
Re: Having problems when converting svg files to plt
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 04:15:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

When you say the PLT file is messed up, do you see the lines are changed in the PLT file itself?  Or do you see the lines are changed in the preview of your cutting machine software?  I'm thinking probably you have the scale set wrong, but that's just a guess.

Would you please share the SVG file and the PLT file for the same drawing?  Then we can see what the problem is.
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit