• June 18, 2019, 09:34:52 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Since there haven't been any new messages for so long, and no one has ever replied to this message of mine I'm considering closing this forum entirely, in approx 6 months. If anyone has any comments about that, please feel free to post them.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Plotter / Vinyl cutter addon  (Read 833 times)

Offline csomaroo

Plotter / Vinyl cutter addon
« on: January 29, 2019, 04:11:48 AM »
Hi All,

I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and updated the OS. Then installed Inkscape 0.92.4.

I would like to find out what is the best Plotter / Vinyl cutter addon i could use.

Regards
Colin

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
Re: Plotter / Vinyl cutter addon
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 04:30:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

I guess it depends on what kind of file format your machine will accept.  Inkscape can natively save as some of the commonly used formats, such as SVG, EPS, DXF, HPGL, PLT and maybe some others, without needing an extension.  But there's also Extensions menu > Export > Plot, and I think I heard of someone using Export > Win32 Vector Print, for some kind of cutting once (don't remember if it was vinyl/plotter).  Plus, there are hundreds of external extensions (need to be installed) and you can browse through those here:  https://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php (on the botton part of the page).  Probably under the Export category would be the ones you need, but there's also a Misc Laser Tools category,
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit