• August 17, 2019, 11:51:12 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Although I've been planning to put this forum in read-only mode, at the time of this transition, unfortunately, my personal circumstances have changed, and I won't be able to host this forum much longer. If anyone is interested in taking it over, please contact me.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Hello from the Netherlands  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Kirstie

• Sr. Newbie
Hello from the Netherlands
« on: February 01, 2019, 07:14:18 AM »
Hello fellow Inkscapers. My name is Kirstie and I am writing a course about Inkscape in Dutch.
That is how I ended up on this forum.

I have used Inkscape for several years now, mostly for drawings and illustrations.
Did I read correctlythat it will become a read-only forum?
Well that is a pity, but it is still very interesting.
  • Inkscape 0.92.4
  • Windows 8.1 & Linux Mint something & MacOS High Sierra
Love Inkscape & writing a course about it  :pfh:

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
Re: Hello from the Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 09:35:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, this one will become read only, so that all the wonderful tutorials will still be available.  But there are still currently 2 other Inkscape forums, which can help with any kind of cutting issue.

The community's goal is to have just one forum, which is almost ready to be opened.  The other 2 will eventually close (or divert traffic to the new one), and then we will finally have one official Inkscape forum.

Since you posted in this cutting design forum, does that mean your course is about using Inkscape for digital cutting, or some particular cutter brand?
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit

Offline Kirstie

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 05:28:45 AM »
Hi Brynn,

Thank you for explaining about the 3 forums.
This course that I am writing is really a complete beginner's guide in Dutch. But I couldn't resist adding some information about plotting and lasercutting.
And no, I don't have a cutting device, but maybe that is gonna change. I do have an old-school scalpel :D.

In fablabs people often assume that Inkscape is easy to understand, but it is not for real beginners.
That is why I will explain some things for beginners about fablabs, and where to look for information.
  • Inkscape 0.92.4
  • Windows 8.1 & Linux Mint something & MacOS High Sierra
Love Inkscape & writing a course about it  :pfh:

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 05:38:27 AM »
I'm sure you're guide will be helpful.  Let me know when it's ready, and I'll list it on this page where I keep all the best manuals and tutorials:  http://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit