• April 18, 2019, 07:26:23 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: printing in inkscape  (Read 3391 times)

Offline tonwon73

• Original Member
printing in inkscape
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:32:32 AM »
Hi there, I was just wondering if someone could please tell me how to(step by step) print in inkscape.  I'm not new at inkscape and I know how to export a bitmap so that I can print that, but I just now learned that you can print in inkscape, but I cant seem to figure it out :cry: .  I would like to be able to print exactly what I have created so that I can show my customers without having to export bitmap and print(1 less step is always better), is this possible?  
Thank you so much,
Tonya
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Technomum

• Original Member
Re: printing in inkscape
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 12:43:54 PM »
Hi, it is as simple as going to File>Print.  The only problem you might be having is that whatever you wish to print must fall on your document page.  If you are not using a page outline you may be designing outside the print area, in which case you will get a blank page from your printer.  If you think this is what is happening go to File>Document Properties which will bring up another screen where you can determine the properties of a document, ie if you have an A3 printer you can select the page size from the Format area.  Also make sure that the Show Page Border box is ticked  (this will not print).   If you wish to print your design it is always advisable to use the Page Border Option unless you are absolutely sure of the placement of your design.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 06:50:21 PM by Technomum »
Cardmaking, Scrapbooking,
Inkscape, KNK, Funtime, RM

Offline tonwon73

• Original Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 01:30:48 PM »
Technomum, thank you so much!  I figured it was something that simple, as I usually make things more complicated than they are, lol. I WAS printing outside the document, bad habit just placing it wherever :oops:   It did print but it printed like 6 copies, but at least it printed!  I will try to figure out why it did that later.  THANK YOU AGAIN!! I really appreciate it.
Tonya

Offline Technomum

• Original Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 06:54:38 PM »
LOL Tonya.  Don't be embarrassed.  I still get things wrong.
Cardmaking, Scrapbooking,
Inkscape, KNK, Funtime, RM