• April 18, 2019, 11:04:51 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deleting part of a design  (Read 2238 times)

Offline BathBelle

• Original Member
Deleting part of a design
« on: October 24, 2010, 01:14:54 AM »
I was playing with swirls last night and ended up with a page border which I think is quite good, though probably a bit flimsy.  I haven't cut it yet but when I do I was thinking I would need to snip a little bit of each end, then I wondered if I could somehow do it in the design.  So I wanted to attach it so someone could tell me how, but I don't know how to attach the file and couldn't find it in FAQ, can anyone help please?

Ruth
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Ruth

Craft Robo  Windows 7  Inkscape 0.48

Offline BathBelle

• Original Member
Re: Deleting part of a design
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 01:26:39 AM »
Had another look at my file and it's not the swirl one I wanted help with(I'm actually very proud of that one), it's the other one that I created with the letter 'C' and I think I may have seen how to attach it, so here goes.

Ruth
Ruth

Offline BathBelle

• Original Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 01:30:22 AM »
I don't think that's worked, can you see it? ooh maybe it has, I feel a bit daft talking to myself!  I fyou can see it, what I want to do is snip the bits off the ends, have tried a bit with nodes but it all goes wonky.

Ruth
Ruth

Offline jobab

• Original Member
    • http://www.cuttingedgecraft.net.au
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 05:31:25 AM »
Hi Ruth

I downloaded your file and had a quick play hope this is what you wanted to do. I created a square in inkscape, positioned it over the part of the file I wanted to remove then selected the square and the rest of the file, go to path---- difference and most of the excess will be removed i then deleted the extra nodes until it looked okay.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Jo
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:09:25 AM by brynn »
http://cuttingedgecraft.blogspot.com/
Cougar and inkscape user.

Offline Technomum

• Original Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 07:36:55 AM »
Another option would be to draw a line with the Bezier tool and move it so that it straddles the piece you want to cut off, select both the Bezier line and the drawing and use Path>Cut Path.  This will leave you with two open nodes which you can join together by using the "join selected end nodes with new segment" or even "join selected nodes" by pulling one of the end nodes over the other before using the button.  Then remove any nodes you don't want.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:09:58 AM by brynn »
Cardmaking, Scrapbooking,
Inkscape, KNK, Funtime, RM

Offline BathBelle

• Original Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 09:04:47 AM »
Thanks Jo (yes that was what I was trying to do) and Technomum, will try out both these methods tonight.

Ruth
Ruth