• June 18, 2019, 07:34:09 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Since there haven't been any new messages for so long, and no one has ever replied to this message of mine I'm considering closing this forum entirely, in approx 6 months. If anyone has any comments about that, please feel free to post them.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Hawaiian Quilt  (Read 2820 times)

Offline PapaSue

• Original Member
    • http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
Hawaiian Quilt
« on: September 28, 2011, 03:26:44 PM »
Hawaiianquilt.png
*Hawaiianquilt.png
(178.14 kB . 435x603)
(viewed 334 times)

I'm going to have to muzzle Laurianne she is doing such a fantastic job for all of us.  I've spent all day on creating something based on her stitches tutorial, which was perfect.

I've had these quilt squares around for about a year and did post them on my blog as quilt squares.  So I used them to create a quilt for printing.

Along the way I learned a whole bunch of things including stitiches.  Most important I finally broke through my personal barrier about layers and spent more time creating and working with layers than all the other pieces combined.

I used, if it is any help
scatter for the blanket stitch (sorry Laurianne mine does not do your tutorial justice)
blocks and quilting spirals done with tiled clones.  I used stroke dashes for the stitches except for the blanket stitch.

I have attempted to design this as a template for those as impaired as I am but without the time to sit all day and figure it out.

There are 6 layers, including the pattern.  I envision that you could delete the pattern, play with the colors and add your own elements/patterns...at least I hope you can.

I most likely will not share this svg on my blog as I'm not confident enough to send it out into the world but if you can use it it is yours, I would ask that you let me know what technical changes you made, or if you found a better way of doing it.

I love that this forum has so many Inkscape experts and wouldbe experts for me to practice upon.

Don't delay in donating to this forum so that we all benefit from all the great tuts and information provided here.  See Angela's post on donating.  It is a small price to pay for great info and tutorials.

Happy quilting!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:24:46 PM by brynn »
Susan
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com/
OLDER:  http://papasuecreative.blogspot.com (blog deleted)
Learn, Grow, Create, Share
Macintosh, Mavericks, Inkscape 0.91, eClips1, eCAL2.013

Offline Laurianne

• Original Member
    • Eye Draw It, Red Cabin Studio
Re: Hawaiian Quilt
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 06:54:45 PM »
Oh Susan! I love it, love it, love it. Aren't we having fun!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline cmsmith60

• Original Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 03:02:14 AM »
Beautiful project....love it.

And I had posted a request for a grandma in rocking chair in this forum...didn't get any help,  but don't worry about it...I got one and colored it...now how to make it animated...like grandma rocking in the rocking chair.  If not, my brother's going to have to made do with the grandma sitting in the rocking chair for the webpage.

Thank you.

Carolyn S

www.grandmacarol46580.blogspot.com

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 03:31:47 AM »
Looks good Susan. A lot of different techniques involved.

Carolyn, sorry you didn't get any help with an image of grandma in a rocking chair.
I will get in touch with Belinda who posted about that other program and ask her to visit and tell us more about it.

Offline The Debsp

• Original Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 05:09:43 AM »
Wow, Susan, you've been very busy!  This is really gorgeous, thanks for sharing.

Debbie

Offline Butterfly

• Original Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 09:58:46 AM »
That is too cool Papasue, I Love quilts

I am sorry Carolyn 60 I didn't have one and have not seen one and dang sure you would NOT want me to try and draw one(LOL)

I will try looking around to see about making it animated I could be wrong but I am thinking you can do it in Gimp or Irfanview

Photoscape!!!! I put the link in the useful link catagory
I Learn something new every day, I just Forget to remember it
XP, Ink.47, Scal 2, Cricut E
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/

Offline Jantien

• Original Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 01:24:48 AM »
what a great project. Thanks for sharing
Hugs