• June 25, 2019, 12:20:24 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Since there haven't been any new messages for so long, and no one has ever replied to this message of mine I'm considering closing this forum entirely, in approx 6 months. If anyone has any comments about that, please feel free to post them.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Question about top icons  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Nanna2Five

• Original Member
Question about top icons
« on: November 22, 2011, 02:14:41 PM »
Hi,

I am new to  inkscape and have been looking at videos trying to learn.
At the top of my inkscape ( version 0.48) I only have the following words at the top of my screen File
Edit
View
layer
Object
Path
Text
Filters
Extentions
Help

On the videos I have been watching there are more, how can I set mine up this way?

Thank you!!!
Donna
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
Re: Question about top icons
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:37:07 PM »
Hi Donna, have a look at this post http://www.inkscapecuttingdesign.com/smf/index.php?topic=465.0 as it shows how to change the screen view in Inkscape 0.48. It will show you three different options, just pick the one you think will suit you best.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:34:54 PM by brynn »