• July 17, 2019, 11:27:12 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Although I've been planning to put this forum in read-only mode, at the time of this transition, unfortunately, my personal circumstances have changed, and I won't be able to host this forum much longer. If anyone is interested in taking it over, please contact me.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Cut once, but won't cut again  (Read 1981 times)

Offline auntbeepbeep

• Original Member
Cut once, but won't cut again
« on: January 23, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »
Hi, group.
I'm hoping to learn what the problem is with the attached file.  I have an E as my cutter.  When I originally imported it into SCAL and cut, it cut fine, though I did not set my blade pressure deep enough.  Yet, when I went back to cut it again, the file distorted  (I made NO changes) and then shut down SCAL.  Each and every time I tried to re-cut, it shut SCAL down.  SO, I tried another file and it cut fine.  Would one of you take a look at the file and tell me if you see something that I missed?  It may very well be an issue with SCAL, but I thought I would try with the file itself first.
  Thanks a bunch.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Butterfly

• Original Member
Re: Cut once, but won't cut again
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 07:24:05 AM »
I tried your file with my E and it cut out with no problem. Heather M has advised me in strange situations to take it back into ink duplicate it and make a new file. Dunno if it will work for you but it has solved a few problems for me
I Learn something new every day, I just Forget to remember it
XP, Ink.47, Scal 2, Cricut E
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/

Offline auntbeepbeep

• Original Member
Re: Cut once, but won't cut again
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 08:31:50 AM »
Quote from: "Butterfly"
I tried your file with my E and it cut out with no problem. Heather M has advised me in strange situations to take it back into ink duplicate it and make a new file. Dunno if it will work for you but it has solved a few problems for me

Ok.  I'll give that a try.  Thanks!