• June 18, 2019, 07:29:41 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Since there haven't been any new messages for so long, and no one has ever replied to this message of mine I'm considering closing this forum entirely, in approx 6 months. If anyone has any comments about that, please feel free to post them.

-- brynn

Author Topic: SCAL3 - plugin for Inkscape  (Read 4310 times)

Offline newbiecat

• Original Member
SCAL3 - plugin for Inkscape
« on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:59 AM »
Hi all

Been in contact with Craftedge support over various questions inclduding why SCAL says there are no updates available when there are, the latest version on the website is now  3.030

I also asked about the plug in for Inkscape, they have given me this link and permission to share it - I need to close SCAL and Inkscape, install it then start from Inkscape

www.craftedge.com/bin/SCAL3_InkscapePlugin.exe this is the windows plug in

It sends from Inkscape to SCAL this is the MAC version http://www.craftedge...scapePlugin.zip

Before using it go into the EDIT/Preferences menu in SCAL and ensure it is set to Inkscape rather than Ilustrator.

I centred a 10 inch square on a 12 x 12 page in Inkscape and sent if via the plug in to SCAL - it came into SCAL centred on a 12x 12 mat but was 9.75 x 9.75 so much closer than earlier versions but not yet spot on ..................

Oddly when I sent a 6 inch square from an A4 page to SCAL custom mat the same size it arrived in as a 5.981 square - so definately a variance there

I am running Inkscape .47 since it works well I havent upgraded to newer versions

good luck :)
 Pandora
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Win 7, Inkscape .47, 18" Silver Bullet,(love the speed)
Craft Artist Professional, Photoshop CS2, SCAL 3. ?? latest, still have my cricut - need to find a new home for it

Offline Angel13

• Original Member
    • http://cardsulike.blogspot.com/
Re: SCAL3 - plugin for Inkscape
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 06:49:49 PM »
Oooo Thank You Pandora for posting that useful information for other Inkscape users who use SCAL as well.
http://cardsulike.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftsuprint.com/default.cfm?designer=379

Windows Vista, Silhouette Cutter same as Craft Robo(Mini Expert) Cameo Beginner, Inkscape, Cougar(Learning curb going on!!)

Offline cmsmith60

• Original Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 08:15:42 PM »
I went to craftedge.com and noticed there is a version 3.30 and download it but it's the same as 3.29!!  Unless I'm making a mistake on my end...I have work that I need to cut or would restart the laptop!!  After I get a couple pieces cut tomorrow I will restart the laptop.

Offline pmamaweav

• Original Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 10:01:23 AM »
Pandora I don't know how to use the plug in
I have installed it but now I can't figure out how to make it work
Thank you

Offline newbiecat

• Original Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 10:21:52 AM »
Hello

Open scal and ensure under preferences you select Inkscape to import rather than Illustrator. YOu do not need scal open since the plugin will open it however having opened it you may as well leave it open for now

After you have designed or opened your file in inkscape and you are ready to cut - go to Extensions/ Export / Send to SCAL and after a couple of moments it will open the design in SCAL though curiously it doesnt actually change to show the window so you will have to switch to SCAL to see it.

One point in my testing it out - a 10" square in Inkscape came into SCAL as a 9.5 " square when I used a 12" square mat in both Inkscape and SCAL

when I used an A4 mat in SCal and Inkscape and send a 6" square it arrived in scal as something odd like 5.28 or similar - not at home so cant access the files.    Anyway the point is that if the size of your design is important ensure that you select keep proportions and then change it to the right size.   It is much better than it used to be but yet perfect

Good luck and if you have any problems please post and when I get back home later I will see if I can help

Pandora :)
Win 7, Inkscape .47, 18" Silver Bullet,(love the speed)
Craft Artist Professional, Photoshop CS2, SCAL 3. ?? latest, still have my cricut - need to find a new home for it

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 04:41:14 PM »
Pandora, thank you for the information. I will have to give this a try after I return from my holiday.