• December 17, 2018, 01:16:05 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: having problems with using inkscape to a gcc plotter/cutter  (Read 6513 times)

Offline kevin white

• Original Member
having problems with using inkscape to a gcc plotter/cutter
« on: February 10, 2013, 08:10:25 AM »
hi, everyone, didn't now which section to post ?

could someone please help, i would like to use inkscape for sending images to my gcc expert 24 plotter/ cutter but can't get it to work.

will work when using corel draw x6, but was hoping not having to spend £400.00 to get it when only using for limited stencil cutting for airbrushing.

thank you

kevin
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline newbiecat

• Original Member
Re: having problems with using inkscape to a gcc plotter/cut
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 01:30:53 AM »
Morning

With the cutters I am used to , I cannot send direct from Inkscape to the cutter - it needs to go through another piece of software - I have used both Signcut and SCAL (sure cuts a lot).- however since you show yours as a plotter/cutter - if it can be sent to plot - then why not cut?   Have you managed to plot something direct from Inkscape ?   If not was there software which came with the machine - something about Great Cut comes to my brain - sorry dont remember where I read that.  
My thoughts would be that your plotter may not support the svg file format - if so I suspect you will need to save it to a different format - I would suggest looking to where you bought your machine or a dedication forum for your type of cutter

sorry cant be more helpful
Pandora
Win 7, Inkscape .47, 18" Silver Bullet,(love the speed)
Craft Artist Professional, Photoshop CS2, SCAL 3. ?? latest, still have my cricut - need to find a new home for it

Offline Inkspots

• Original Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 02:52:42 AM »
Hi Kevin,
Are you using the Inkcut extension?
The more experienced forum members may have an easier time helping you
if you can tell us your operating system, and the method your using to try
and cut from Inkscape.
Linux Mint 13,Cinnamon, I don\'t own a cutter, Inkscape 0.48.4r,The gimp, FontForge, blender 3d, LibreOffice

Offline tallpat

• Original Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 06:44:49 PM »
New forum member here, howdy all!  I currently have my vinyl cutter setup to cut directly from Inkscape using the Inkcut extension.  I am currently running Ubuntu (Quantal) but I seem to recall getting the Inkcut extension to work with Windows7 as well.

If I remember correctly, to get it running under Windows, I had to install a windows version of python, unzip the tar.gz file using a program like 7-zip, then copy the uncompressed folder into the extensions folder under Inkscape.  From there, configuring the cutter pretty much followed the directions given at the Inkcut site.

I'd be willing to boot back up into Windows to reconfirm the procedure if you need me to elaborate on any of the steps...

Offline jrijri

• Original Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 02:05:28 PM »
Quote from: "Inkspots"
Hi Kevin,
Are you using the Inkcut extension?
The more experienced forum members may have an easier time helping you
if you can tell us your operating system, and the method your using to try
and cut from Inkscape.

I'm just curious; how do you send your Inkscape files to your cutter? I'm usin Linux too, this is why I'm asking.
Inkscape 0.48, Linux Mint 64-bit, Silhouette Cameo, Tux Plot 3.3 experimental