• March 19, 2019, 11:49:44 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Absence  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
Absence
« on: May 01, 2014, 07:16:10 AM »
Hi Everyone, as some of you will have noticed I have not been around much. Life is crazy and I just don't have the time. I am only sitting now as I mopped the floor and I am waiting for it to dry. I start a 4 week holiday tomorrow, so won't be around for the month of May.

I don't know what the fate of the forum will be. It deserves to have someone running it who has time to add new topics. Is anyone interested in running the forum? If you are please contact me via the private message system. I will try check my email account every few days while on holiday.

It would be a shame to close the forum but I just don't have the time anymore. I have not cut or even turned my machine on for over 6 months.

I would like to give a special thanks to Papasue and Heather for helping forum members over the last few months.

I will be turning my computer off in a few minutes. I am travelling with a tiny computer and should have access on Sunday night when we get to Whistler, BC. If anyone is curious, we are spending 2 weeks on the west coast of Canada, then travelling to Vegas, Yosemite, San Francisco, Yellowstone and San Diego. On return from the holiday I have to surgery on my knee, so I will have to stay still for at least a few weeks.

Sorry I haven't been around and have let the forum down. Thank goodness for the help of the forum members.

I shall say bye for now as it is getting close to midnight and I have to be up at 5 am to get to the airport.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
Re: Absence
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 08:14:26 PM »
Well that turned out to be a longer absence than expected. I was booked to have a suspected skin cancer checked (near my eye), two days after my return to Australia. The doctor decided to take out a 1.5cm circle and the stitches finished right next to my tear duct. I was unable to wear my glasses and kept having to put creme in my eye, so I couldn't see clearly enough to read. It has been a boring two weeks waiting to see clearly again. As I was unable to do much for two weeks it would have been a perfect time to play with Inkscape, if only I could have seen my computer screen  :roll:

I will be back to visiting the forum daily. However, I still do not have much spare time to spend being creative.

Offline newbiecat

• Original Member
Re: Absence
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 02:59:30 AM »
Hi Carolyn
I missed your first post and was sorry / glad to see your second .  Sorry in that you have had these issues and happy if you are now on the mend.  

Due to financial problems I have been back at work flat out full time so my current daily routine means leaving home @ 5.30am and walking back in the door at 7pm cooking dinner and sleeping so I also have just been popping in to look without much creative stuff going on at all.

Anyway may I wish you well - likewise say thanks to Heather and Susan for all their input - it would be a great shame if this forum cannot continue since I know what a wealth of knowledge there is here and how much help it has given me over the years.

I will also miss all you valuable clearly explained insights into how to create using Inkscape - you are a treasure trove of inspiration.   Good luck with your healthy issues and wish you well whatever your decision

regards
Pandora
Win 7, Inkscape .47, 18" Silver Bullet,(love the speed)
Craft Artist Professional, Photoshop CS2, SCAL 3. ?? latest, still have my cricut - need to find a new home for it