• July 16, 2018, 05:52:41 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: complete and utter beginner  (Read 1562 times)

Offline red hot vinyls

• Original Member
complete and utter beginner
« on: May 14, 2014, 02:45:23 AM »
hi all. im new, very, very new!! as in i really havent got a clue how to use inkscape to anywhere near its full potential. ive never used any other similar program nor and i trained or taught in anything to do with graphic design or similar. so i really am as new as new can be.

we have recently bought a business set up and are hoping to run it as a small family business. we have a liyu tc631 610mm plotter. we have only had everything since Thursday and we are doing our best to learn how to use everything. little project everyday. we are using inkscape and sign cut pro. we are making lots of mistakes but i stumbled across the inkscape forum and they pointed me in your direction as more applicable for cutting, so hopefully we can learn how to do things properly. please be patient with me and use basic terms (or basic explanations of more complicated terms lol).

if you dont mind me annoying you with a billion questions, id like to stay.

i have some complicated disabilities which had led me to believe i will never be able to return to work but if we can make a go of this business, it may give me and my family a future to be proud of. so any help will be very much appreciated.

thanks nyk red hot vinyls
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline newbiecat

• Original Member
Re: complete and utter beginner
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 06:56:46 AM »
Welcome aboard
There are lots of very experienced helpful people around here only too pleased to lend a brain cell or two so please ask away

Recommend going through the tutorials starting with the beginner section, then move on through, lots of really useful information which may say you time and energy by starting with the right way!    If you have specific questions please post away.   There are members here literally all around the world so it the middle of the day for me here in London however the middle of the night for other members in Australia and wherever.

Good luck with your new venture, if you have a problem with a file it is always worth attaching it to your post to allow us to have a go and see if we can solve your issues

best wishes
Pandora  :)
Win 7, Inkscape .47, 18" Silver Bullet,(love the speed)
Craft Artist Professional, Photoshop CS2, SCAL 3. ?? latest, still have my cricut - need to find a new home for it

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
Re: complete and utter beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 07:54:33 PM »
A very late welcome from me. (Sorry, was overseas then had surgery near my right eye. It is only now that I can put my glasses on and read again, lol).

I would also like to wish you luck with your new adventure. Ask for help at anytime. I will be visiting the forum daily now I can see again.