• December 17, 2018, 01:37:35 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: How to use .studio files in inkscape to make svg to share  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Crystal718

• Original Member
How to use .studio files in inkscape to make svg to share
« on: July 17, 2014, 02:14:24 PM »
Hi  I am very new to the world of digital design and have sil. studio designer edition and inkscape. I would like to know if it is possible to create a file in Sil. Studio and put it in inkscape to make it an svg. How would i be able to share the files for others to be able to cut with. Will the sizes i created them in be the sizes they recieve the files in? I would like to make these files most likely to be used by silhouette and scal users. Would it be easier to do this from Scal3 because i have that as well but i use studio more because i have the silhouette Cameo.  I see so many people able to share there designs and hopefully one day i can do the same. Any advice would be greatlly appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline newbiecat

• Original Member
Re: How to use .studio files in inkscape to make svg to shar
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 07:08:31 AM »
I dont have it but seem to remember reading that you need an older version of Studio to save as SVG file - might be 1.9 but dont hold me to that
regards
Pandora
Win 7, Inkscape .47, 18" Silver Bullet,(love the speed)
Craft Artist Professional, Photoshop CS2, SCAL 3. ?? latest, still have my cricut - need to find a new home for it

Offline HeatherM

• Original Member
    • http://imagesbyheatherm.wordpress.com/
Re: How to use .studio files in inkscape to make svg to shar
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 02:31:31 PM »
I think that the best option for sharing files would be to create in Inkscape.  You can save svg and dxf formats in Inkscape, and I think most cutting programs can use one or the other.  

If you prefer to design in SCAL3 it has the ability to export in svg so you would need to either bring it into SSDE or Inkscape for standard Silhouette Studio compatibility.
Heather
http://imagesbyheatherm.wordpress.com/
Mac OSX, Inkscape, eClips, Silhouette Cameo