• October 19, 2018, 02:47:03 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Forum News  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
Forum News
« on: August 15, 2014, 03:19:15 PM »
Hi to All Members,

The forum is back online after being inaccessible for a few days. The problem was the domain name, it had to be re-linked to the hosting site after the renewal fee was paid.

A big decision has to be made and I am asking forum members for input. The fees to run the forum for the following year are due in the third week of September. I no longer have time to run the forum and was going to close it down. If there is enough interest I will pay the fees for one more year.

Would you like the forum to stay for another year?

If the forum continues, is anyone interested in taking control?

Please let me know as soon as possible if you would like the forum to stay open for one more year. Any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated. It will be a shame to see all the hard work submitted by all the members just disappear and I am reluctant to call it final. However, there is no point paying to host the forum for another year if there is little interest.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Laurianne

• Original Member
    • Eye Draw It, Red Cabin Studio
Re: Forum News
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 07:29:22 AM »
Carolyn,

Oh I sure hope it stays open. But.... I understand your concern. I would think there would be someone out there that could manage it.... but I know you've asked this before and I assume no one has offered. Can we help you with the cost for next year? We sure do appreciate all of the hard work you've put into this.

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 09:42:22 PM »
Hi Laurianne, thanks for the offer of helping with costs but money isn't the real issue. Time is my big problem. I bought a new computer one year ago and I haven't installed the drivers for my cutters yet   :o

I think it is wrong to have a forum and be absent so much and hope other members have helped if anyone asked a question. I really do want to get back into playing with Inkscape but it just doesn't seem to happen.

I keep delaying sending out a bulk email to announce the forum is closing as there is so much information here. I think the best bet at this stage is to pay the website fees for one more year and see what happens over the next few months.

Offline newbiecat

• Original Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 01:53:05 PM »
Hi Caroline

Please keep the site - I too would be happy to donate to the cost of keeping it open since this is one of the sites that helped me learn, enabled me to achieve and inspired me to grow

I hope that it can continue to do this for others seeking out help and inspiration.

I regret that my fulltime work as in leaving at 5am and getting back at 7pm does not leave me time or frankly energy to try to take on something this awesome and I hope that someone will come forward to support you. I have no concept of the time or work involved however it must be a great deal.

I do know that while it was down I tried to log in and was disconsolate at the thought of losing such a wonderful resource

I understand that life changes and I completely wish for you to enjoy whatever is your interest or inspiration now, just hope that somehow this can continue

with very grateful thanks and many good wishes

Good night from a very humble and grateful admirer

Pandora
Win 7, Inkscape .47, 18" Silver Bullet,(love the speed)
Craft Artist Professional, Photoshop CS2, SCAL 3. ?? latest, still have my cricut - need to find a new home for it

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 08:05:27 PM »
Hi Pandora, the forum is staying for at least another year. I too would miss the forum and the friendship. I have learnt so much from everyone and it has pushed me to explore more possibilities.

I felt my heart sink when Papasue contacted me to tell me the forum was offline and realised I didn't want to say goodbye. At least this time they have given me the codes so the mismatch between forum name and hosting site can be fixed, if the forum continues into 2015.

I must say I did have a laugh at your comment about hoping I enjoy my new pursuits. Unfortunately it nothing exciting, it is life getting in the way of my crafting. I have spent the last 6 weeks weeding and removing garden beds on one acre and I must say for the first time in my life I am falling asleep on the lounge while watching tv. One more week and I should be finished. Even if the gardening is not finished, it will have to wait until next winter when the snakes are too slow to be a hazard. Ah! the joys of living in Australia. I had a one metre long goanna walk past me yesterday, so it was a short day, lol. I will be wide awake at night when not physically working hard every day, so Inkscape will be my night time activity once more.