• May 22, 2018, 07:36:42 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Welcome to the new Inkscape for Cutting Design!  (Read 4149 times)

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
Welcome to the new Inkscape for Cutting Design!
« on: August 10, 2015, 09:38:35 AM »
Hi Friends,
Ok, we're finally in our new home, and the old phpBB forum has been converted to an SMF forum.  I know it looks different, and for some things, works differently.  And there will be more changes to come.  But I hope you'll like it.  At this point, except for this message, the forum is identical to the old one, for the most part.

I decided to re-open right away, even though I have not yet fully customized the site, because I wanted old members to be able to find it.  Your old passwords should work.  But if you have any trouble, click the links provided to get help.  One of the first things I'll do is set up a Contact Form, in case anyone needs help.

Over the next few weeks and months I'll be re-organizing boards and member groups, bringing some topics or tutorials up to date, as well as adding new features (including some fun smileys).  If anyone has any requests for features, please feel free to ask.  I can't promise that any request can be met.  But I'll try.

I've picked out a theme that has a similar color as the old forum had.  But there are also a few other themes to choose from.  Look in your profile under Modify Profile > Look and Layout, to try the different themes.

For any other questions about how to use this forum, or to report problems, make comments, or offer feedback, please post in the Forum Issues, News, Announcements board   :D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 01:30:03 PM by brynn, Reason: add link to new boad »
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
Re: Welcome to the new Inkscape for Cutting Design!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 11:38:10 PM »
Hi again,
I could use some help, as I'm cleaning up and updating the forum.  I don't actually need much time.  Just someone who can answer what are probably simple questions for you all.  If anyone could volunteer as just someone I can ask questions, from time to time, please PM me, or answer in the topics below.

Please find my questions in this topic:  http://www.inkscapecuttingdesign.com/smf/index.php?topic=1237.0

Also, how would you like to see ICD grow/improve?  Comments here:  http://www.inkscapecuttingdesign.com/smf/index.php?topic=1238.0

Thanks  :D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 06:53:02 AM by brynn »
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
Re: Welcome to the new Inkscape for Cutting Design!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 01:46:40 PM »
Hi again,
I wrote some tips, to help returning members find their way around:  http://www.inkscapecuttingdesign.com/smf/index.php?topic=1249.0
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit