• June 18, 2019, 07:52:50 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Since there haven't been any new messages for so long, and no one has ever replied to this message of mine I'm considering closing this forum entirely, in approx 6 months. If anyone has any comments about that, please feel free to post them.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Hello Inkscape Enthusiasts!  (Read 3282 times)

Offline CameronBohnstedt

Hello Inkscape Enthusiasts!
« on: September 10, 2015, 04:12:54 AM »
I've just registered with this forum and am currently building a YouTube channel around the subject of open source creative software. Some videos more for showcasing the capabilities of these programs and other videos more about education. These programs include Inkscape, GIMP, Krita, Scribus, Synfig, Tupi, Blender, Alchemy and much more.

I'm hoping to inspire wider use and development of these creative tools for hobbyists, professionals AND businesses. I won't be dropping any links just yet to avoid being spammy.

Was wondering about the rule of a new thread for each project. Would a channel or Inkscape playlist count as a single project? An ongoing one? Consisting of both showcases AND tutorials?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to learn with and know all of you. : )

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
Re: Hello Inkscape Enthusiasts!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 08:24:53 AM »
Welcome Cameron!

You're welcome to start a new topic on this board for your Inkscape tutorials.  You could start the topic with a link to the playlist/channel, in the op.  Then in each reply, you could embed a video (or just link to it, whichever you prefer).

Or if you want 1 thread for showcase videos and a different thread for tutorials, that's fine too.

I've recently taken ownership of this forum, and hope it can be revived.  New tutorials will be a great start :)  Will you have tutorials about using Inkscape with digital cutting machines?  Or just about Inkscape?

On my other forum, Inkscape Community, tutorials are one of the main focuses, and there's a different kind of setup for tutorials.  Rather than putting them in messages, tutorials can be written and viewed like articles (videos can be either embedded or linked).  You'd be welcome to participate there as well, if you like.

But even if you're not interested in making the articles, I will still be happy to put links to your channel/videos on the Inkscape Tutorials page (home page).  I'm looking forward to seeing your videos  :)
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit

Offline Angel13

• Original Member
    • http://cardsulike.blogspot.com/
Re: Hello Inkscape Enthusiasts!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 05:39:09 AM »
Hi Brynn

Forum looking great, will try to visit more often work permitting of course, still using my old silhouette digital cutter and 0.47 Inkscape..(if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!)
http://cardsulike.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftsuprint.com/default.cfm?designer=379

Windows Vista, Silhouette Cutter same as Craft Robo(Mini Expert) Cameo Beginner, Inkscape, Cougar(Learning curb going on!!)