• March 21, 2019, 11:03:48 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Super excited to find this forum  (Read 2103 times)

Offline emkamartin

Super excited to find this forum
« on: December 28, 2015, 10:48:14 AM »
New to the forum here. I am starting to dabble in the cutting file world and use a brother scan n cut to cut my files. I have found some tutorials on youtube that are helpful and have gotten a few of the simple basics down and can do text cutting files fairly easily. Looking to do more of the layered cutting files. What is the best format to use when importing pics. I have been using PNG for the most part with a few jpeg. Also what are the most common formats that people use for their cutting machines?TIA

Melissa

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
Re: Super excited to find this forum
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 06:15:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

I've only recently taken over as admin for this forum, so I still have a lot to learn about cutters and cutting files.  But as far as I know, it doesn't matter what raster format (JPG, GIF, PNG, etc.) you import.  Before you send the file to your cutter, it has to be in vector paths.  So no matter which format you import, you have to convert it to vector, before any cutter can use it. 

Sometimes the cutter can take SVG files, but often they require some other format.  What vector format people use depends on what kind of cutter they have.  You'll need to look up what format your machine uses.
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit