• March 19, 2019, 11:48:52 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Dxf files reduce measurments  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Tramdriver

• Sr. Newbie
Dxf files reduce measurments
« on: March 10, 2017, 11:58:43 AM »
Hi
 :help:I am very new to all this :help:, and I don´t own any cutting equipment, but I  have a lasercutter who can do the job for me at some very affordable prices. Now my problem is that the DXF files I create, doesn´t keep the measurments I have specified. My latest try, is a very basic shape 586,7mm x 97,8mm. I have drawn it in OpenOffice Draw and exported it as a SVG file. Then I imported it into  Inkscape. No problem there. All measurments are intact.
Then I save it as a DXF file. And when I try to upload this drawing on the lasercutters website. Suddenly  my drawing is redused with 50% and sometimes more. I get very frustrated about all this
 :beg: Please Help :beg:

Goran
HALMSTAD/Sweden

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
Re: Dxf files reduce measurments
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 11:52:34 AM »
Welcome Goran!

Ok, just to confirm a few facts.  This is not something new, which was working properly before, right?  This is your first experience saving as DXF in Inkscape, correct?  Have you ever used Inkscape before this, for something else?

What is the website where you're uploading the DXF files?   Have you ever used this website before when it was working as you expect? 

Also, what is your Inkscape version and operating system where you're using Inkscape?

After you save the file as DXF, can you open it in Inkscape, and make sure the sizes are all still the same?  They should be, but it's good to check at every step, to find out where the problem starts.

Unless your answer to any of those questions is different from what it sounds like, I'd be leaning towards something about that website that maybe you're not aware of, or maybe just don't know how to use it effectively yet.  Once you give us a link to that site, I can try to help you find out what's happening.  Well, assuming the site either is in English or has an English translation.

Another question.  When you say the drawing is reduced by 50% or more, does it just look smaller?  Or are there rulers or other measurements which show that the size is not the same?
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit

Offline Tramdriver

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 05:18:57 AM »
Hi and thanx for a quick answer!!!

My problems are solved. I desperately download a Cad program last night, that turned out to be the program that I have been looking for. Export to DXF without loosing data. No size reductions. www.techstation.se/en/ got an upload of the shape, you can see in my attachment. ScreenDumps 1.jpg
*ScreenDumps 1.jpg
(54.9 kB . 1047x589)
(viewed 219 times)
. I draw this shape in about 30 minutes with ViaCad 2D. So now I am back in "business", and thanx for the time you laid on this matter. But I will stay on this forum. Next time I can help someone.

Spring Greetings from Sweden
Göran

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 10:03:41 AM »
Good news!

You're welcome :)
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit