• May 25, 2018, 08:09:48 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Laser Cutting not working  (Read 840 times)

Offline Horde

Laser Cutting not working
« on: January 17, 2018, 12:24:36 PM »
We have a Trotec 300 Laser at the school and we use Inkscape 92.2.
In order to get the laser to cut, we need to send each job to the laser twice.  The first time the cut job shows up as an "Empty_Job", sending it again, without making any changes allows it to cut.  If we have a job that requires cutting and engraving, we also need to send it twice or it will only do the engraving.
Autocad 2018 and CorelDraw don't have the same issue.
I should also say that the job isn't that complicated, a simple two inch square with a circle cut out of the middle with text under the circle.
  • Windows 7 Pro

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
Re: Laser Cutting not working
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 05:29:32 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Could you give us a little more info?  Which extension or extensions are you using?  Which file format do you send to the cutter?  Although I know Inkscape very well, I don't know much about cutters.  So I'm not sure what "sending it to the cutter" means, exactly.  Do you just open the file which you made with Inkscape, from the cutter software?

If you would like to discuss this with developers, please find out how to do that in this message:  https://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php?topic=628.0

If you would like to make a bug report, you'll see links in that same message, about where to go and how to do it.

I probably can't help much, but if you'd like share a test SVG file, I can have a look.  Certainly you'll want to provide test files if you make a bug report.
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit