• October 19, 2018, 02:47:57 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Error while making gcode for cnc plotter  (Read 360 times)

Offline surmit

Error while making gcode for cnc plotter
« on: April 24, 2018, 11:20:16 PM »
Hello guys please help me with the following problem  :hh:
i am working with a cnc pen plotter with servo to lift the pen and two nema 17 stepper motors.
My cnc working size is 350mm*500mm .when i try to convert an image into gcode with the servo extension .The error in pic is coming upccc.PNG
*ccc.PNG
(30.65 kB . 345x455)
(viewed 107 times)
steps i followed >first i resized the size from document properties according to my cnc Capture.PNG
*Capture.PNG
(74.29 kB . 698x591)
(viewed 109 times)
then i drag an image to inkscape and select the image then select the trace bitmap from path ad.PNG
*ad.PNG
(43.38 kB . 525x373)
(viewed 103 times)
and click on update then i select the servo extension from Extension fqwe.png
*fqwe.png
(212.27 kB . 1366x768)
(viewed 102 times)
now when i click on apply a cmd window related to python flashes ssssdf.PNG
*ssssdf.PNG
(277.59 kB . 1366x768)
(viewed 97 times)
and the extension start working on the image and after a few seconds the error shows upccc.PNG
*ccc.PNG
(30.65 kB . 345x455)
(viewed 107 times)
please help me resolve this problem.  :beg::help:

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
Re: Error while making gcode for cnc plotter
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 12:52:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

And sorry it took so long to get your message approved.  My DSL connection died, and I had to wait for the guy to come out and climb the pole.....

Unfortunately, your problem is beyond the abilities of the people who are (still) active in this forum, to handle.  I would suggest posting either in Inkscape Community forum or InkscapeForum.com.

I can tell you that it's probably nothing you're doing wrong.  What little I do understand about the traceback errors, indicates a problem with one (or both) of those extensions.  And it's the traceback error messages which I don't understand (and I'm guessing the other member who visits often, probably doesn't either).

I've never heard of that extension before.  The best advice I could give would be to look for an upgrade to that extension. 

(I do know that in the past when I've seen traceback errors with "unittouu" the advice has either been to get an upgrade for the extension, or downgrade Inkscape to an earlier version.  But again, that's just an anecdotal observation on my part, and it's not coming from any technical knowledge.  The other forums will be your best bet.)

(fyi - this forum may soon be converted to read only, and traffic redirected to one of those other forums)
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit