• June 24, 2019, 06:17:20 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Since there haven't been any new messages for so long, and no one has ever replied to this message of mine I'm considering closing this forum entirely, in approx 6 months. If anyone has any comments about that, please feel free to post them.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Crutting/cropping out a selected area  (Read 691 times)

Offline abasel

Crutting/cropping out a selected area
« on: May 25, 2018, 01:51:08 PM »
I have two objects as in the attached image i.e. the mesh and the crest

GrillQuestion.png
*GrillQuestion.png
(54.96 kB . 732x315)
(viewed 138 times)

I am wanting to remove the horizontal black lines in the red area. What is the best way to do this?

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
Re: Crutting/cropping out a selected area
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 10:15:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

Here's how I would approach this.  See the green path in the screenshot?  I would draw a path like that.  Then fill it with red, and place it between the crest and the mesh, in z-order.

There are other ways to do that.  But that would be the easiest for me.

You can move things through the z-order using these buttons, on the Selection tool control bar , , ,

Or else in the Object menu > Raise, Lower, etc.
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit