• April 20, 2019, 03:08:38 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: getting Inkscape to work with Trotec MiniManager (Rayjet)  (Read 647 times)

Offline dinosaur

• Sr. Newbie
getting Inkscape to work with Trotec MiniManager (Rayjet)
« on: January 23, 2019, 11:11:48 AM »
Hi there,
I'm expanding the ways my students can access the Rayjet in the lab with the inclusion of SVG's from Inkscape 0.92. Other people are doing it, how hard can it be??? Famous last words.

I'm running the Inkscape in a Windows 10 environment.

I've set

stroke paint to Flat Color RGB R:255 G:000 B:000 A:255 Blur 0% Opacity 100%
            stroke style to 0.01 pt

This in theory should perform a cut, but it doesn't. It engraves the shape instead.

I have experimented using thinner stroke styles to no avail.

I suspect this problem has everything to do with the colorspace inkscape is sending to Trotec's Mini Manager.

Here is the question.....

How does one add adobe RGB (1998) icc file to the available color profiles in the document properties section?

Best regards,
Dinosaur
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 03:44:51 PM by dinosaur »

Offline dinosaur

• Sr. Newbie
Re: getting Inkscape to work with Trotec MiniManager (Rayjet)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 06:39:53 PM »
Update: I was able to get inkscape to add adobe rgb (1998) icc and link the color profile to the document.

and still no change.... all I get is engraving. No cut.

Any IDEAS?

Offline brynn

• Administrator
    • Inkscape Community
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 10:16:30 PM »
To be honest, I don't think the few people who visit this forum can help with your question.  I'll be putting this forum into read-only mode pretty soon.  (It was originally created to help people use Inkscape with the home/craft type of cutters, such as Cricut.)

I know that not all cutters use color or stroke width, to define the cutting lines.  Most that I know of only use the vector paths.  Although I should say that I don't use any kind of cutter myself, and I only know what little I know from reading the forum messages.  (I took over this forum from the original owner, just to keep it alive when it was about to be closed.  But I'm thinking there's just not enough interest to keep it going anymore.)

I think you may need a programmer for the Rayjet (or Trotec) software....or at least contact one.

It sounds like you use the Rayjet with other graphics programs.  I guess they use stroke width and/or color, to define what kind of cutting happens?

And so, it works using Illustrator SVG file (or maybe PhotoShop)?  Hhmm, there are some differences between an Illlustrator SVG file and an Inkscape SVG file.  Here's some info here about that:  https://inkscape.org/learn/faq/#inkscape-edits-svg-file-which-was-originally-created-adobe-illustrator-are-lost-when-importing-back-ai  And maybe some more here:  https://inkscape.org/learn/faq/#why-inkscape-so-different-adobe-illustrator 

It could be that the extra code which Inkscape adds is confusing the cutter.  You could try saving as Plain SVG instead of Inkscape SVG.

That's probably about all I could say.  If none of those comments lead to success, you could try posting in InkscapeForum.com.  There are a lot more users of your general type of cutter there, than there are here.
  • Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit

Offline Kirstie

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 07:20:07 AM »
Hai Dinosaur,
Do you know this specific forum:
http://www.laserengraverforum.com. Maybe there is someone there who knows the answer.

I wish I had a Trotec to try, but I don't  :(.

• Inkscape 0.91
  • Windows 8.1 & Linux Mint something
Love Inkscape & writing a course about it  :pfh: