• December 17, 2018, 01:20:11 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: school mascot  (Read 2635 times)

Offline vickycarol

• Original Member
school mascot
« on: August 26, 2010, 03:23:44 PM »
Hi, I am new here . I have had my Silhouette Sd less than a year but I love It.  I have 2 school mascots that i am trying to figure out how to turn into a GSD file to cut for the school kids.  I don't have a clue as to how to go about doing it. I have the Inkscape program installled. Can Someone please tell me how to go about doing this?  I am trying to add a jpeg file of one of them but don't know if I am doing it right. Well, it looks like it worked.  I have one more that the school secretary emailed to me, but I can't seem to save it where I can attach it. I was sent as a Word document. If anyone can please help me figure this out I would be so gratefuol. Thanks, VickyCarol
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
Re: school mascot
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 05:01:46 PM »
Hi, I have just copied your image and I will make a mini tutorial for you. I think this will need manual tracing as it seems to be an embroidery design. Just give me a few hours to write up some instructions for you.
As to the image you have in a word document there are a few solutions. Often you can click on the image itself and copy then paste it to a location on your computer (I use the desktop).
If you have Windows Vista premium or the Windows 7 there is a snipping tool that is great for copying an image. It can be found at the start icon (bottom left of screen the All Programs > Accessories > Snipping tool.
Another alternative is to print screen. At the top right of your keyboard there should be a key labeled prt scr, sometimes the function key needs pressing firsst. On my laptop I press the fn (function key) and then the prt sc (print screen key) and the entire screen is copied.

Offline vickycarol

• Original Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 05:23:05 PM »
Oh, Thanks bunches, Carol, The other mascot I am wanting is a charger, a man on a horse. I am so unlearned when it comes to these cutting files.  Vicky

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 06:01:14 PM »
Hi Vicki, I just had a play with your image and it is going to need quiet a bit of skill to trace. It will have to be manually traced as the embroidery pattern shows up. Do you have a black and white image such as a printed logo on a letterhead? A printed copy instead of the embroidery design would be much easier for you to trace.
It will be easier to watch than try to explain the steps. After watching the video it will give you an idea of how much work will be involved to trace the design. One from PapaSue this shows how to trace different sections of an image. If you have an image that is not embroidery it will be easier to trace as another method can be used.

As the mascot is probably a copyrighted image we cannot post the finished file and can only give instructions as we can be held liable if the owner of the file does not approve. As we don't have school mascots in Australia, I am unsure on the rules.