• December 17, 2018, 01:40:40 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Drawing with the craft robo (asked to come here by a user)  (Read 2564 times)

Offline FHU130

• Original Member
Drawing with the craft robo (asked to come here by a user)
« on: August 31, 2010, 01:50:46 AM »
I have been using my craft robo cc200-20 to draw some very nice intricate designs.

The problem I'm having is that some of the drawings have over 10,000 lines or curves to them. When they are drawn the look like they have texture due to the fineness of the patterns and the way they are built up.

Is there a way to optimise the drawing files so that they run quicker. For example if I draw a box but draw the top then the bottom then either side the craft robo would draw them in that order rather than optimally drawing a continuous box.

I'm using corel draw x5 but could easily export them to something else. Could quite easily use inkscape.

Can anyone help with this.

There are ways of optimising engraving files for engraving machines to reduce the amount of time files take.

I just thought there may be a way to do this with the craft robo.

A big thanks in advance
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Technomum

• Original Member
Re: Drawing with the craft robo (asked to come here by a user)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 05:44:35 AM »
I think the new Inkscape .48 will allow import of Corel Draw and it is now possible to use Inkscape files on the Craft Robo.  Angel13 has a tutorial on how to import svg files into the CR.

In Inkscape one can use Path> Simplify to reduce the nodes but depending on how aggresive the Simplify option has been set will determine how much distortion occurs in the process.

Adobe Illustrator also has a good node reduction option and the file can then be saved as an svg - choose Object>Path>Simplify>set slider to 95 per cent.

10,000 is exceptional and I am not sure the CR has sufficient memory to be able to do this.  It will try to spool but unsuccessfully and will probably sit and blink forever and never start the drawing/cut.

I am not really au fait with all that can be done but there are some clever folk on here and I am sure someone will soon pop up who can answer your question more adequately.
Cardmaking, Scrapbooking,
Inkscape, KNK, Funtime, RM

Silvertip

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 08:11:01 AM »
Here is a question that might help some of you also.  I have a large format printer at work.  For Large print plans.  A Plotter printer.  I can have it spool to the computer then feed to the printer.  I don't know if this would work with the craft robo.

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 07:29:17 PM »
Hi, I was hoping another member would have Corel Draw and be able to help with this question.
I use to have Corel but my version was old and is not compatible with Windows 7. I have also never cut on a Craft Robo.

If I have very large files and I want to control them a bit more I often give different sections a different colour. I can then cut by colour and prevent the problem of too much information being sent to the cutter in one big chunk.

As to the square cutting in sections I can't help as I don't use RoboMaster. If you cut directly from Inkscape to the Craft Robo it may solve the problem. Angela has added a very easy to follow pictorial showing how this can be done. It may be worth trying if you are going to be doing a lot of complicate designs.