• July 17, 2019, 11:23:30 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Although I've been planning to put this forum in read-only mode, at the time of this transition, unfortunately, my personal circumstances have changed, and I won't be able to host this forum much longer. If anyone is interested in taking it over, please contact me.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Inset with Robo Master  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Laurianne

• Original Member
    • Eye Draw It, Red Cabin Studio
Inset with Robo Master
« on: September 28, 2010, 04:53:39 PM »
When I do a "print and cut" using Robo Master, I sometimes don't get the cut precisely where I want it and end up with a little bit of white in places around the print.  Does anyone know of a way to inset the cutline just a tiny bit?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Technomum

• Original Member
Re: Inset with Robo Master
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 11:00:11 PM »
Hi Laurianne,

If you are using RM v.5.1 there is an Offset Shapes button on the top Tool Bar. (a green square with little red arrows). If you click that you will see a new screen where you can enter your required measurements.  See photos. [photos missing]  If you are using an earlier version please let me know.  I also have v 2.4 and it can be done but not by the automatic method.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:34:55 AM by brynn »
Cardmaking, Scrapbooking,
Inkscape, KNK, Funtime, RM

Offline Laurianne

• Original Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 07:42:53 AM »
Thanks so much, Techie.  I'll have to see which version I'm using and then give it a try.

Offline Technomum

• Original Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 10:35:39 AM »
Laurianne, it may be that the Offset button is also on an earlier version (ie the 4 series) but I don't have that to check on.  To see which version you are using click on Help and choose about.
Cardmaking, Scrapbooking,
Inkscape, KNK, Funtime, RM

Offline Laurianne

• Original Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 05:48:49 PM »
I was indeed using an older version of RM. I downloaded the new one and it works like a charm.  I am so happy as this was a frustration I always had with Robo Master.  Thank you, Techie!