• June 17, 2019, 09:30:01 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Since there haven't been any new messages for so long, and no one has ever replied to this message of mine I'm considering closing this forum entirely, in approx 6 months. If anyone has any comments about that, please feel free to post them.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Please add a signature to your profile.  (Read 5488 times)

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
Please add a signature to your profile.
« on: July 16, 2010, 07:15:45 PM »
If members could add the cutter, the computer operating system and program/s they use. It will make it easier for other members to help when you ask a question. Have a look at my signature for an example.

If you own a blog or website add your site to your signature so other members can visit your site.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Tigermum

• Original Member
Re: Please add a signature to your profile.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 03:22:09 PM »
Quote from: "Aussie Carolyn"
If members could add the cutter, the computer operating system and program/s they use. It will make it easier for other members to help when you ask a question. Have a look at my signature for an example.

If you own a blog or website add your site to your signature so other members can visit your site.
Hi Carolyn
I've just joined the forum, and see that you'd like cutter & PC info added, but I can't see where to do it :?: I know I'm not usually so computer illiterate, but it's the end of a long day here!
Thanks
Sandie
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Windows Vista; Inkscape 0.45; Craft Robo 220; RoboMaster 5.1

Offline PapaSue

• Original Member
    • http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
Sandie,  I can help you.

Up on the bar below "inkscapecuttingdesignfreeforums.org is a line with

FAQ Search Members User Control Panel etc.

Click on user control panel and when that opens on the left side you'll see a list of options.

Select EDIT signature and a box will open where you can list your software, hardware and Computer OS.

It helps when you ask a question on the forum for helpers to know what you are working with and then someone with a similar configuration will be the most helpful.

Welcome, by the way!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:14:32 AM by mikey, Reason: Fixed BBC error »
Susan
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com/
OLDER:  http://papasuecreative.blogspot.com (blog deleted)
Learn, Grow, Create, Share
Macintosh, Mavericks, Inkscape 0.91, eClips1, eCAL2.013

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 05:23:52 PM »
Susan, thank you.

Sandie, I have just added a pictorial showing how to add a signature, as I am sure others may have the same problem. It can be confusing trying to find your way around a new forum. I know I am still finding my way around. The post can be found here

Edit
The page referred to here is no longer applicable, since the forum was moved.  But here is a little article explaining the steps for creating a signature in this new forum  :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:17:08 PM by brynn, Reason: add link to the new tutorial »