• January 24, 2019, 06:41:49 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Trellis Design with Scalloped Edge  (Read 4961 times)

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
Trellis Design with Scalloped Edge
« on: March 17, 2011, 09:35:23 PM »
Re-posted from my retired blog.
I received an email with a request to show how to create a trellis design with a scalloped edge. As this one is very hard to explain the steps in writing I have created a video. Remember this video only shows one way it can be done. I found 3 ways this design can be achieved but I think this was the easiest explanation for a first time Inkscape user. Experiment because if you have basic experience in Inkscape there are other ways to create this design.

Trellis scalloped.JPG
*Trellis scalloped.JPG
(58.78 kB . 844x241)
(viewed 630 times)

The video may be a bit disjointed as I had to edit it severely to shorten the time.
[youtube:20l9zcxd]7JnoC95WM4c[/youtube:20l9zcxd]

Here are the settings I used when I changed the grid properties. In the video I did use cm but the grid units are personal preference and will not affect the result. The important part of the settings in grid is to set Angle X and Angle Z at 45 to achieve the trellis design. Click on the image for a larger view.

axgrid.JPG
*axgrid.JPG
(63.4 kB . 738x476)
(viewed 696 times)

The file created in the video can be downloaded from the free files section and here is the link to the post http://www.inkscapecuttingdesign.com/smf/index.php?topic=388.0
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:26:41 AM by brynn »

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
Re: Trellis Design with Scalloped Edge
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 09:20:54 PM »
Here is the information for the faster way of creating trellis type designs. The folder contains two separate pages because at the time I was unable to create a 2 page PDF file for some strange reason. The instructions are minimal and were originally written for a friend who had prior knowledge of working with stroke lines. The video in the previous post was created for a beginner.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:27:57 AM by brynn »

Offline adelwolfsmith

• Original Member
Re: Trellis Design with Scalloped Edge
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 05:08:21 AM »
Thanks, you are giving us, great information of design of trellis. These designs of trellis are looking fabulous in the Garden .It is also, increasing the beauty of the house.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »