• July 20, 2019, 07:01:32 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project will open its first official forum, on the Inkscape website, this August (2019). (Address/link will be provided at that time.) When that happens, new registrations will no longer be allowed in this forum and Inkscape support will be provided in the new forum. This forum will still be open for a while, so that existing topics can be finished, and existing users can have access to their contents. But all potential new members should register on the Inkscape website, and post their questions in the new forum, starting in August. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.

Although I've been planning to put this forum in read-only mode, at the time of this transition, unfortunately, my personal circumstances have changed, and I won't be able to host this forum much longer. If anyone is interested in taking it over, please contact me.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
Masks
« on: July 13, 2011, 10:13:45 AM »
A few nights ago I was watching a video by Little Web Hut http://www.youtube.com/user/tutor4u and found a lot of new and interesting information. One of the videos showed how to use Object>Mask>Set and I thought anyone who use Clip Set may be interested. Sorry, I am not sure which video I viewed and will try to find the correct one and add a link to it for you to watch to see how this is done.

Below are screenshots and examples showing the basics of how to add a mask. Remember I am new to trying this so my examples are also my experiments. If I remember I will replace them with better examples when I have time.

The resulting masks are hard to see in the screenshot and may look better if you click on it to view the larger image.
I have just noticed I did not explain the gradient very well. Where the gradient is white there is little change in the image. Where the gradient is black the image will be very transparent. Shades in between will result in a graduation of the fading effect. Experiment and see what you can achieve.

mask1.JPG
*mask1.JPG
(73.18 kB . 963x377)
(viewed 296 times)

mask2.JPG
*mask2.JPG
(79.42 kB . 965x380)
(viewed 291 times)

mask3.JPG
*mask3.JPG
(94.45 kB . 1274x451)
(viewed 282 times)