• October 19, 2018, 02:50:58 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Ideas for the forum.  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
Ideas for the forum.
« on: February 03, 2012, 04:51:55 PM »
Hi everyone, I though this year we would try something different to get more participation and encourage experimentation. You do not have to be an expert to join in as everyone has something to offer.

The idea is to suggest a topic and to have members explain how they would approach the task to create a project. We want members to learn and the best way to learn is by doing it yourself. Many of us who have been using Inkscape for years tend to have our own style and stick to what we know. This way people with all levels of experience have the opportunity to learn something new.

If you have any other ideas or suggestions to encourage participation and learning please let us know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
Re: Ideas for the forum.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 05:03:37 PM »
I would also like to add that I have been creating tutorials for years and I am aware there are other methods that can be used instead of the method I show in any one tutorial. I feel this could be limiting what people learn and prevent exploration. It would be good to show how different members approach a given task and offer more than one solution.

I know we have many talented members who have a lot to offer and I would like to encourage them to participate more.

To the beginners, please join in any discussions. Please don't think because you are just learning you have nothing to offer. I have found over the years a new Inkscape user can often see something us long term users miss. Every single member regardless of experience is invited to join in and offer their wisdom.

A perfect example of encouraging exploration can be seen in this post viewtopic.php?f=9&t=850. Look how two people discussing a free file have experimented and ended up with a whole new set of designs. Feel free to join in the discussion.

I have learnt a lot from members on this forum. I am grateful when someone can show me an easier way or something I didn't know was possible. Lets all get together and learn something new.

Offline lkc

• Original Member
    • http://thealliancetrader.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 02:29:19 AM »
Go Carolyn!

Laura
LKC Designs
________________________________________________________________________________________
Owner of Cricut Expressions, Windows Vista, 7 & 8, Inkscape 0.46, 0.48, Scal1, CorelDraw and  a spoiled rotten chinchilla!

Offline whizzy

• Original Member
    • http://www.scrapsofstuff.com
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 03:07:00 AM »
Great idea Carolyn & the more input generated from all members the greater the community, fun & sharing of knowledge will be.
I've been lazy in learning Inkscape I have to admit — up till now choosing only to learn things that will benefit me in cutting. I've thoroughly enjoyed the videos etc that you have shared though! Time I really started using the program perhaps?
iMac Lion OS X Lion, Windows 7, CS3, PSPX, BlackCat Cougar 18", Inkscape 0.47 with SignCut

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 03:40:15 AM »
Quote from: "whizzy"
Great idea Carolyn & the more input generated from all members the greater the community, fun & sharing of knowledge will be.

That was what I was trying to say but couldn't find the words  :oops:  fun, sharing and knowledge. We need a bit more fun. If we can learn, have fun and get to know each other a bit more we all win.

Offline BathBelle

• Original Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 02:00:48 AM »
How about a challenge to create a particular thing or achieve an object, that lasts, say a week, any longer and I think people tend to put if off 'to do later'.  I must admit I don't come on here very often as sometimes there is not a lot going on. :?

Ruth
Ruth

Craft Robo  Windows 7  Inkscape 0.48