• November 13, 2019, 11:29:12 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Future of this Forum:

The Inkscape Project opened its first official forum on its website this month (August 2019). https://inkscape.org/forums/ In an effort to combine all the different forums into one, this forum will no longer be accepting new members or new messages. However, it will remain open for a little while, for existing members, to have access to their contents, if they need them.

Any potential new members should register on the new forum, and post their message there. There is a special board for questions about using Inkscape for cutting machines (of all kinds). (https://inkscape.org/forums/cutplot/)

If you have any questions or comments (and you're an existing member) you can post them here.

Although I've been planning to put this forum in read-only mode, at the time of this transition, unfortunately, my personal circumstances have changed, and I won't be able to host this forum much longer. I'm not sure about the time frame. It could be as soon as the end of 2019, or as long as a year from now. If anyone is interested in taking it over, please contact me.

-- brynn

Author Topic: Trellis Design with Scalloped Edge  (Read 5613 times)

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
Trellis Design with Scalloped Edge
« on: March 17, 2011, 09:35:23 PM »
Re-posted from my retired blog.
I received an email with a request to show how to create a trellis design with a scalloped edge. As this one is very hard to explain the steps in writing I have created a video. Remember this video only shows one way it can be done. I found 3 ways this design can be achieved but I think this was the easiest explanation for a first time Inkscape user. Experiment because if you have basic experience in Inkscape there are other ways to create this design.

Trellis scalloped.JPG
*Trellis scalloped.JPG
(58.78 kB . 844x241)
(viewed 739 times)

The video may be a bit disjointed as I had to edit it severely to shorten the time.
[youtube:20l9zcxd]7JnoC95WM4c[/youtube:20l9zcxd]

Here are the settings I used when I changed the grid properties. In the video I did use cm but the grid units are personal preference and will not affect the result. The important part of the settings in grid is to set Angle X and Angle Z at 45 to achieve the trellis design. Click on the image for a larger view.

axgrid.JPG
*axgrid.JPG
(63.4 kB . 738x476)
(viewed 782 times)

The file created in the video can be downloaded from the free files section and here is the link to the post http://www.inkscapecuttingdesign.com/smf/index.php?topic=388.0
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:26:41 AM by brynn »

Offline Aussie Carolyn

• Original Member
    • Cut Two Pieces
Re: Trellis Design with Scalloped Edge
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 09:20:54 PM »
Here is the information for the faster way of creating trellis type designs. The folder contains two separate pages because at the time I was unable to create a 2 page PDF file for some strange reason. The instructions are minimal and were originally written for a friend who had prior knowledge of working with stroke lines. The video in the previous post was created for a beginner.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:27:57 AM by brynn »

Offline adelwolfsmith

• Original Member
Re: Trellis Design with Scalloped Edge
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 05:08:21 AM »
Thanks, you are giving us, great information of design of trellis. These designs of trellis are looking fabulous in the Garden .It is also, increasing the beauty of the house.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »